Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Session # 3

Session 3: Phone Call

ring ring.
It must be at least four a.m.
ring ring.
Forget agout it, sleep is more important.
ring ring.
You can skip this one, you're just too tired.
ring ring.
Well... maybe you should get it, it might be important.
ring.
...great.

Another case down the drain, good job. All you had to do was get up and pick up the phone.
"Sigh."
I walked over to the window and looked outside. Rain was still pouring. A storm must be coming in...
I glanced over to the clock: four twenty-one. Should've picked up the phone...

ring ring. It started up again.
"This guy must be desperate," I mumbled to myself.
I walked over to the phone and picked up the receiver.
"Hello?" I said.
"Hello? Mr. Shaster?"
"Who is this?" I asked.
"I--I need some help." His voice was trembling.
"Well bare in mind, I'm a P.I. not a help desk."
"I need your help fast." He sounded afraid.
"Who is this?" I questioned.
"Come to 42nd street, outside the deli."
"I'm not going anywhere unless you tell me who this is."
"I'll pay you one hundred dollars up front if you accept my case."
"Deal. When do you want me to come?"
"Come now, fast. Please."
"All right, I'm on my way," I said.
He hung up. I could hear the dial tone.

I gathered my things and prepared myself to go out into the cold, rainy night. I knew I might not be back soon, so I grabbed a bite and set some food down for Max.

I grabbed my coat and pocketed my gun. I set on my hat and exited the apartment.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11/23/2005 8:38 AM, Blogger endeavor said...

Nice way to show Tom's thoughts...

 
At 11/23/2005 9:19 AM, Blogger ifedajay said...

Yeah, I love that too.

 
At 11/23/2005 1:44 PM, Blogger TheJBurger said...

yay u guys finally read them.


:P :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home