Saturday, November 19, 2005

Detective Story: Session # 1 (part 2)

Session # 1: A case gone sour (part 2)

I faced the open room. Light from the windows filtered the dusty air. The axe murderer's room was old and run-down. There was few furniture and any that did exist was mostly broken and torn. The ceiling lamp was broken and the only light came from the windows to the left of me. The exit to the apartment room was to my right. I was guessing I was on at least the third floor of the building. The paint was scraping off the walls. There was a small table in front of me. An axe lay on the table, with a hand holding it tight.

The axe murderer sat in his seat with his eyes closed, and his head against the table. Is he dead? But how?

"Hello there... Tom."

I turned to my right and faced the voice. He was sitting with his hands behind his head, relaxed. His legs were stretched out towards the table. His hat concealed his eyes from me. I could smell the smoke from his cigarette. There was no doubt about it, it was him. No, not "him the axe murderer," but a different him.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"Just savin' you, that's all," he stayed relaxed in his chair.
"I didn't need your help, this was my case!" I yelled at him.
"Hey! The reward is open to all the public. Least I would expect is a 'thanks' for saving you."
"Saving me? I had everything under control!"
"Ha, in your dreams."
He smoked his cigarrete while relaxed in his chair. I stood standing there, facing him.
"I'm not letting you take this guy in..." I said.
He opened his mouth to say something, but paused. "Look... I caught him. I'm just taking him in that's all."
Tough luck for me I guess... If I didn't know any better I would've bashed him in the head right there. The police had a bounty on the guy, and anyone who turned him in got the reward. I started my case one week ago, and I wasn't ready to give up all that hard work for nothing.

He sat there in his chair, smoking his cigarette. I stared at him. His trench coat dragged against the wall and reached the floor.

"I'm not letting you leave this room..." I mumbled.
I started to walk toward him.
"Ho ho... wait up there buddy."
I halted in my tracks. He pulled out a gun on me, it was my own magnum.
"Just back off. I'm taking this guy in--it's my bounty." His voice was getting angry.
I stared at his face intently.
"Back up."
I raised my hands and backed up into the corner of the room. He continued to point the gun at me.
"Now... I'm going to get up. You're going to back off and stay over there." He nodded to the corner of the room. "Now I'm just gonna leave now..."
He picked up the murderer, still unconcious, and dragged him out of the room, all while still pointing my gun at me.
"It's nothing personal my man. I just need the cash," he smirked.
"Yeah... we all do," I said with a disgruntled look on my face.
He exited the room and stood right outside the doorway.
"Hey Cadnium!" I yelled to him.
"What?"
"The least you can do is give me my gun back."
He paused to think about it. "Fine. I'll leave it at the entrance. If I see you move outside of this room before I leave, I'll shoot you dead."
"Fine with me," I said.
I heard him walk down the stairs with the target. Six-hundred bucks for me... all down the drain. I should've took him down, I should've down something. I should've...

...Ah well, that's the past for you.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11/20/2005 10:57 PM, Blogger TheJBurger said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11/21/2005 4:08 PM, Blogger TheJBurger said...

10:57 PM 11/20/05

Changed scene with the police (or marshal) (or cadnium).

 
At 11/23/2005 9:13 AM, Blogger ifedajay said...

Interesting end...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home