Thursday, January 10, 2008

Chatroom

******** ENTERING CHAT ROOM *********
USERS ONLINE:
TOM
LUKE

LUKE: Hello.
TOM: Heya.
LUKE: Tom is is it. Hve I met you beofre?
TOM: Yes, once. Aren't you the guy that his his only lucky bunker to himself?
LUKE: Yes, that's me. Enough supplies down here to last at least another year. Then I might have to make a run up on the surfcae.

TOM: I only have a single room. It's stocked well though. ALthough the hatch above isn't very thikc. I can hear the widn at night all the time.
LUKE: THat's nice.
TOM: ...
LUKE: Are you going to say it, or should I?
TOM: You bots have become so sophisticated haven/t you?

LUKE: Speak for yourself. Or, whatever that phrase is.
TOM: If I could find you, I'd rip out your circutry and kill you with my bare hands.
LUKE: Now this is funny, you think I'm a bot?
TOM: Actually, No. Bots aren't as sophisticated as you. Normally, they ask to meet you right away so you can go up to the surface and get vaporized by their traps. Or they try and recruit you pretending to be some gang of rebels who still exist in this apocalyptic world.
LUKE: Touche. Very impressive for a bot.
TOM: Look. I know I'm not a bot.
LUKE: As do I.
TOM: My name is Tom Gillmore. I was born 2071, March 2nd, I was working on a degree in molecular physics when it happened. This room I'm in was sealed off for experiments. That's how I survived.
LUKE: I suppose it's my turn. My name is LUke Wachowski. I was born August 13th, 2075. That makes you my elder then. I enrolled in the Massachusetts school of the arts but I voluntereed for the war. I was doign stock maintenance in a base bunker, and that's where I am today.
TOM: Nice story. Did you write it yourself?
LUKE: What do you want? You want me to say I'm a bot?
TOM: No. Bots try to kill you. They ask to meet you. They try to decieve you.
LUKE: Well I could be a new prototype advanced bot that tries to trick humans into meeting outside by not asking them.


TOM: Hello?
LUKE: WHat

TOM: I think we need to meet.
LUKE: What if you're a bot?
TOM: Okay enough of this. I am sick, and tired, of living underground, by myself, for the past six months, trying to see if there's another living person on this net that is NOT TRYING TO KILL ME. Even if you are a bot, and this is a trap...
TOM: I just can't take it anymore.
TOM: Where are you?
LUKE: I'm not telling you.
TOM: Okay then. Let's meet.

TOM: AGreed?


LUKE: ...
LUKE: Okay.
TOM: You're in Rochester, right?
LUKE: This is the Rochester chat room isn't it?

TOM: Can you meet me at... 5th and Broadway?
LUKE: Wouldn't there be a patrol there?
TOM: No. There's nothing south of 8th street.
LUKE: Okay, I think I can make it.
TOM: Okay... I hope youre not a bot.
LUKE: I hope you're not a bot.
TOM: See you there. I'm leaving.
LUKE: On my way.
LUKE: Bye.
TOM logged off.
LUKE logged off.

******** EXITING CHAT ROOM *********


...



Two android patrols met at 5th and Broadway.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1/11/2008 1:02 PM, Blogger TheJBurger said...

Author's Commentary:
Usually dialog only stories bore me as they often try to make a point through forced conversation, but I tried to do one anyway.
However, in my attempt to keep the story concise and short (since most chat conversations like this bore me), I feel as if I failed to develop the plot or increase tension before the abrupt ending. Also I'm wondering if the world I thought of is clearly conveyed through the characters without them becoming overly audacious about it.

 
At 1/11/2008 4:49 PM, Blogger ifedajay said...

Whoa...I think they were humans!
I can't believe there both bots!!

We need survivors to keep the human race from ending!!

 
At 1/11/2008 4:50 PM, Blogger ifedajay said...

Yep I totally understand the world. But I don't get why he can't just come and peek around a bit. I wouldn't think that the whole world is completely overrun with robots...there must be somewhere good.

 
At 1/11/2008 4:53 PM, Blogger ifedajay said...

I would say it's about a 7.7.

I'm just disappointed about them being robots...

 
At 1/12/2008 10:51 AM, Blogger TheJBurger said...

I would give it a 6/10.
I would give Room 96 a 8/10.
I would give Cyber Reality a 7/10.
I would give Avatar a 6/10.

Come and peek around a bit? Maybe because they surround you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home